CHICKEN ATE PIECE OF HARD PLASTIC

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Keliana, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Keliana

Keliana Chirping

Mar 20, 2018
    I usually try to keep my yard free of objects and plastic, but seem that I missed piece. I saw the chicken pecking at something and when I got close I realise it was not food but looked like a piece of small hard plastic. She swallowed it quickly before I could even get to take it away. Will that do harm to her stomach.

2. drewskimac

drewskimac Songster

Oct 7, 2014
    Siloam Springs, AR
    It could. However, there are probably numerous things your chickens eat when you aren't there to watch, and they have lived this long. Obviously it's not ideal, but all you can do is wait. If it was very tiny, I wouldn't even worry about it.

3. Keliana

Keliana Chirping

Mar 20, 2018
    Thank you very much for your reply. It was not big at all but I will watch her closely. Thanks again :)

4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    I wouldn't worry too much, I too bet they have eaten something behind you back before and been just fine.

Keliana likes this.
  5. drewskimac

drewskimac Songster

Oct 7, 2014
    Siloam Springs, AR
    You're welcome! Also, welcome to BYC! You can always get some sort of answer to practically any question you may have on here! I'm always glad to help as well so feel free to private message me.

Keliana and KikisGirls like this.
  6. Keliana

Keliana Chirping

Mar 20, 2018
    Thanks also for your advice :)

KikisGirls likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: