Chicken Auction Buddies

Mikeeeeeeeeee

Songster
12 Years
Jul 20, 2007
Wetumpka
Now I have a BYC chicken auction buddy.
allaboutdemchicks and I met last night at the auction in Eclectic Al.
Claudia had her husband and a whole brood of younguns with her.
I had my sweetie and best friend in the whole world - DW.

I sold 21 Cornish Rock crosses and everyone had a blast.

Great to meet my 1st BYCer.

This was the best family outting we have in a long time. Mark and I agreed that if we had given the children numbers of their own, like they were begging for, they would have all kept their numbers in the air and finally started hollering out "me", "me", "no- me".......the going rate on a laying hen would have been $2,000.00 each.

Honestly, for anyone that has never been to an outback, rural Alabama Chicken Auction....it was a sight to behold. But that was another post a few months back. But let me tell everyone what we saw last night.....a beautiful male golden pheasant (beautiful), turkeys, chickens of all breed such as bantam cochins (nice pair), RIR, BO, and not to forget the ducks, rabbits, and quail.

We brought nothing home but the childen we took with us. The excitement of meeting my friends Mike and his wife Vicky, and the memory of the auction was well worth our night. We will be back!!

Sounds like fun. I went to an Auction with friends of mine here close by. two weeks ago. The place were I get feed started and auction. It went well for first time. I sold a few things I wasn't keeping and bought nothing. There was a beautiful pair of peacocks that went for 25 each

Back
Top Bottom