Chicken badly pecked and won’t eat or drink

So sorry she's not getting better.
I'm not sure what you should do.
Small victory (I think) - when I went to parents evenings, I left her in the plastic bed and when I got back she had moved into the middle of the pen. Thank you all for your advice and kind words. Hopefully things just improve. If anyone has any suggestions on any more liquid diets I can give I’d appreciate it. I’ve tried mushed pellets but she won’t swallow. Still won’t entertain food treats. Still doing egg yolk, honey and water.

Small victory (I think) - when I went to parents evenings, I left her in the plastic bed and when I got back she had moved into the middle of the pen. Thank you all for your advice and kind words. Hopefully things just improve. If anyone has any suggestions on any more liquid diets I can give I’d appreciate it. I’ve tried mushed pellets but she won’t swallow. Still won’t entertain food treats. Still doing egg yolk, honey and water.
Glad she's doing ok! Keep up what you're doing!

That's a good sign! How is she doing now?

Would she take a tiny bit of very liquid mashed pellets mixed with a lot of egg yolk (so that the mash is basically not visible at all anymore)?

Since she seems to be taking longer than expected to improve, I do wonder if she has a head injury of some kind. In that case, staying still is probably the most useful thing she could be doing at this point. I hope she continues to improve!

That's a good sign! How is she doing now?

Would she take a tiny bit of very liquid mashed pellets mixed with a lot of egg yolk (so that the mash is basically not visible at all anymore)?

Since she seems to be taking longer than expected to improve, I do wonder if she has a head injury of some kind. In that case, staying still is probably the most useful thing she could be doing at this point. I hope she continues to improve!
Passed away 😪 or we had to put them out their misery. No improvement and they were getting weaker and weaker. Very upset. Buried today with a little wooden plaque and a garden chicken ornament. Thanks for all your kind and helpful comments. X

Passed away 😪 or we had to put them out their misery. No improvement and they were getting weaker and weaker. Very upset. Buried today with a little wooden plaque and a garden chicken ornament. Thanks for all your kind and helpful comments. X
We had a vet trip last week and he was pretty certain it was a brain injury being so young and the type of chicken.

I'm so sorry. Sometimes, it isn't avoidable, but that never makes it hurt any less. I can tell how much you cared for her, and that you did all you could to help her.

We had a vet trip last week and he was pretty certain it was a brain injury being so young and the type of chicken.
So so sorry to hear, you did everything you could. :hugs :hugs

I'm so so sorry to hear that! :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom