Chicken barely eating, lethargic, and watery poop that consists of mostly white/clear urates

Kuritza

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2021
Hi there,
I have a black copper maran who I noticed was barely eating when I came to feed the flock for the afternoon the day before yesterday, and was acting somewhat lethargic and not like her usual self. She went to with an empty crop, and when I look at her poop the next morning, it was very watery and mostly urates. She continued to act quite tired was not interested in the food that I brought out. I decided to make a warm mash out of some feed and give it to her because I thought she might be at least a little interested in that, which she pecked at a little bit and left. She is still barely eating but drinking quite a bit, and not walking around unless she needs to.
Pictures:
8B3A3C03-FA95-41BA-BBEF-DF55C12E1D47.jpeg

These have more of the poop part in them than before, unfortunately I wasn’t able to take pictures of the night before.
7C29C157-000B-4458-8514-4FF8B7963166.jpeg

This is my black copper marans butt feathers, which have poop stuck on them too.
63D84466-B721-4CB8-9768-6C6B2DADBBDA.jpeg

Any ideas as to what this is? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there,
I have a black copper maran who I noticed was barely eating when I came to feed the flock for the afternoon the day before yesterday, and was acting somewhat lethargic and not like her usual self. She went to with an empty crop, and when I look at her poop the next morning, it was very watery and mostly urates. She continued to act quite tired was not interested in the food that I brought out. I decided to make a warm mash out of some feed and give it to her because I thought she might be at least a little interested in that, which she pecked at a little bit and left. She is still barely eating but drinking quite a bit, and not walking around unless she needs to.
Pictures:
View attachment 2829660
These have more of the poop part in them than before, unfortunately I wasn’t able to take pictures of the night before.
View attachment 2829664
This is my black copper marans butt feathers, which have poop stuck on them too.View attachment 2829665

Any ideas as to what this is? Any help would be much appreciated.
The rest of the flock seems ok? She just may be the sickest.

I also wanted to add that I checked her crop for the night and it feels like it’s got water only inside it. Please help :(

Will do, I also thought that may be the case. I just would want to know what kind it was if it were parasites before I started any treatments that could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom