Chicken barely eating or gaining weight

Kelseyjordans

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2020
She seems to kind of pick at her food before moving on. Her crop is never full like the others and she’s super light. she’s now in the house with free access to food and water all the time but she still just kinda picks at it before walking away. I thought maybe she couldn’t see well being she’s a polish? So I trimmed her feathers so she could see better but that hasn’t helped. Her poop looks healthy and she doesn’t have worms. What could be going on?

She seems to kind of pick at her food before moving on. Her crop is never full like the others and she’s super light. she’s now in the house with free access to food and water all the time but she still just kinda picks at it before walking away. I thought maybe she couldn’t see well being she’s a polish? So I trimmed her feathers so she could see better but that hasn’t helped. Her poop looks healthy and she doesn’t have worms. What could be going on?

How old is she? Has this been going on for long? How many chickens do you have? Do the others eat normally? What are you feeding them?

@azygous @aart @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock
Hi @Kelseyjordans
You have some good questions asked by @Dottie the Chicken if you can answer those and provide some photos of her and her poop that would be most helpful.

Back
Top Bottom