chicken beak is "crossed" or "overlapped"

that is good advice, I already have 2 of each though the backup units are small. My idea is to add another big feeder and big waterer. I have 13 chickens now, had 3, bought 10. they are separated for now.

I have posted this in another topic, since no one is answering and this is troubling me I ask here:

"I just noticed I made a BIG mistake. I am feeding 3 to 4 month old pullets egg laying feed pellets. bought them on sunday and today is tuesday night, they have not eaten much these days neither. probably the last decent meal they had was on saturday. only tomorrow afternoon I can feed them properly again, have to buy the feed after work.

they are free ranging, they can eat herbs, maybe a worm from now and then, should I be worried? they have plenty of fresh water."

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...out-food-water-bad-guilty-owner.798285/page-3
No, don’t worry about it, just buy them the right food tomorrow after work.

today got the recommended ration for the chicks, the one with the crossed beak was probably the one that spent more time at the feeder (maybe because of what you already explained, eating is not so efficient). she was pecking furiously but I was not able to figure out if she ate so much.

I already have a nail cutter for dogs with me just in case but for now I think I will let it settle and see how it goes.

that is good advice, I already have 2 of each though the backup units are small. My idea is to add another big feeder and big waterer. I have 13 chickens now, had 3, bought 10. they are separated for now.

I have posted this in another topic, since no one is answering and this is troubling me I ask here:

"I just noticed I made a BIG mistake. I am feeding 3 to 4 month old pullets egg laying feed pellets. bought them on sunday and today is tuesday night, they have not eaten much these days neither. probably the last decent meal they had was on saturday. only tomorrow afternoon I can feed them properly again, have to buy the feed after work.

they are free ranging, they can eat herbs, maybe a worm from now and then, should I be worried? they have plenty of fresh water."

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...out-food-water-bad-guilty-owner.798285/page-3
Once we introduce our chicks to the big group, they mainly get lay pellets. They have done fine for years. The reason I noticed this post is because we also have a chick with a “funny, overlapping break” which is probably 3 months old now. She is doing well and seems to be healthy. We did not trim it and the others do not seem to bother her at all

Back
Top Bottom