Chicken Bedlam? help?

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
I have 15, almost 3 week old chicks and when I left on Thursday they were just little chickies with slight feathers, I came back and they're HUGE... also, apparently my mum filled their feeder this morning, and when I got back I heard these weird noises and discovered it was the chicks pecking at the empty feeder... are they just going through a growth spurt or are they completely and totally MAD?!

Quote:
They do get feed 24/7, but I was surprised at how much they'd eaten that day, their feeder was refilled in the morning, and by the time I got home they were pecking at an empty feeder!

They're 3 weeks tomorrow, I think I'm going to take them outside before the end of the week to play in the grass for a while so I can clean the brooder out, they're on peatmoss but now they're more active than little chicks, and make more of a ruckus, they toss up a lot of dust and dirt so they're going to be on shavings starting this week.

Yep, they begin eating exponentially. And by the way, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom