chicken behaving strange and weird !!!

kriz the farmer

Songster
May 14, 2018
delhi
my 4 month old white leghorn rooster is behaving weird as he is irritated
he is aggressive today otherwise he always behave as a gentleman

well he have a little bleeding yesterday 23 june but it has stopped
i will be unable to take a photo or a video so it will be though to identify what is happening

thanks in advance.

He is growing up , our rooster used to lay down in a corner with his head in the corner and talk to himself , he just needed a break from the 14 hens .

Hormones can play a big part in a young roosters life

Do you have other roosters or cockerels in your flock? In my experience, cockerels that age are hyper and nuts, running around trying to mate, and the hens will gang up on them and run them off and away from food and water. If you have other roosters, it is even more wild. It helps to place food and water in multiple sites away from the coop, so the poor boys can get enough.

He's probably getting "crazy" and aggressive because he's getting older and wants to mate. Not the one to expand more into this, but just make sure he's treating the hens right.
Need a bit more info to go on to be of any help. However, one tool which would probably be of benefit for you to use is poultryDVM's chicken symptom checker tool, it is pretty useful for helping to rule out possibilities of what it could be.
He is growing up , our rooster used to lay down in a corner with his head in the corner and talk to himself , he just needed a break from the 14 hens .

Hormones can play a big part in a young roosters life
I would say his changes are from hormones, except you mentioned bleeding. Was he injured? Or was the blood from a body orifice?
Do you have other roosters or cockerels in your flock? In my experience, cockerels that age are hyper and nuts, running around trying to mate, and the hens will gang up on them and run them off and away from food and water. If you have other roosters, it is even more wild. It helps to place food and water in multiple sites away from the coop, so the poor boys can get enough.
he is a single chick and when i got him he was a stunted chick and he don't show a try to mate
and yeah he is becoming too much aggresive as he just got a boost of hormones or he is suffering from parasites.

Permethrin 10 works well on lice or mites. It comes in a spray concentrate that can be diluted with water (instructions inside the package) and used in. Spray bottle or garden sprayer (for the coop.) you can also find permethrin garden dust to use on the chicken. Lice need treatment 2-3 times 10 days apart to get lice and newly hatched lice, and mites require treatment every 7 days until they are gone.

Since he is alone, are you keeping him as a pet, or have you thought about rehoming him to someone with a flock? Do you have a picture of him?

Permethrin 10 works well on lice or mites. It comes in a spray concentrate that can be diluted with water (instructions inside the package) and used in. Spray bottle or garden sprayer (for the coop.) you can also find permethrin garden dust to use on the chicken. Lice need treatment 2-3 times 10 days apart to get lice and newly hatched lice, and mites require treatment every 7 days until they are gone.

Since he is alone, are you keeping him as a pet, or have you thought about rehoming him to someone with a flock? Do you have a picture of him?
as a pet and no images

Back
Top Bottom