Chicken being bullied

Betny991

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2019
My chicken we believe is a hen but aren’t certain is bullied all the time by roosters the chicken has been here the same amount of time as everyone else and they all get along except this one. I refer to it as a she. She is chased and pinned down and attacked by all the roosters all the time. They have chased her into the road lately almost causing her to get hit by a car. I have tried putting her in a separate place but I don’t have the money for a huge coop just for her. She had a small coop and a fence around it but they scare her out of her own every time. She is calm staying near people as she knows we won’t let them attack her but we can’t be there all the time. All of our chickens are free range with secure coops at night but I have no where for her to go during the day that they don’t harass and chase her out of them attack her. I am desperate for help. She was born around May 10th. She’s an ameracana. Sorry if I spelled that wrong or this is in wrong spot I have never used a forum before. Thank you.

Attachments

• DFDCBDBB-A754-42A3-A6C0-8185619089C9.jpeg
    DFDCBDBB-A754-42A3-A6C0-8185619089C9.jpeg
    943.8 KB · Views: 14
She's a he. The roosters are keeping him subordinate. You should rehome him if you don't have room to house him separately.
We try he flies out of every pen we put him in. It’s weird all the roosters get along except him and they have all always been together. He has never crowed. Thank you. I will try to figure something else out I guess.

We try he flies out of every pen we put him in. It’s weird all the roosters get along except him and they have all always been together. He has never crowed. Thank you. I will try to figure something else out I guess.
He'll never crow around the bunch that is beating him into submission.

Back
Top Bottom