Chicken being bullied

Maggies chickens

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2021
Colorado
So I have one chicken out of my flock of 6 that keeps getting picked on by all the other birds. I’ve tried separating her from the others and separating the main bully, but nothing seems to do the trick. She is so skid ish and she barely eats and drinks because she’s always trying to avoid being pecked. I really don’t want to have to get rid of her because she is the bird I show at fair and she’s really well worked with.

So I have one chicken out of my flock of 6 that keeps getting picked on by all the other birds. I’ve tried separating her from the others and separating the main bully, but nothing seems to do the trick. She is so skid ish and she barely eats and drinks because she’s always trying to avoid being pecked. I really don’t want to have to get rid of her because she is the bird I show at fair and she’s really well worked with.
Did you try taking the main bully out for a month. My two americaunas did this to my brahma and my easter eggers. We couldn't take themout for a month so we gave them to a friend. And now none of them fight

We had to keep her in a cage which she hated but I couldn't do anything else. We were leaving for the weekend. And the neighbors that we had take card of them when we were gone when we didn't have the automatic door. weren't home. I know separating her from the others might help. I have also heard of pinless peepers I have never tried them but they might work.

Screenshot_20211121-144023_Gallery.jpg

We had to keep her in a cage which she hated but I couldn't do anything else. We were leaving for the weekend. And the neighbors that we had take card of them when we were gone when we didn't have the automatic door. weren't home. I know separating her from the others might help. I have also heard of pinless peepers I have never tried them but they might work.
Ok good to know.

Back
Top Bottom