1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Being sick. Need some help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by b2ar2, May 3, 2017.

1. b2ar2

b2ar2 New Egg

May 3, 2017
    Hi, I have 11 ex battery hens and one has been sick. I've only noticed today that she doesn't want to go outside and just wants to sleep all day. Her comb is purple and her crop is full. She was sick when I went to pick her up and it was a brown liquid. I've looked at sour crop but I think it's a fungal infection as her crop feels like it has liquid in it. She will still eat and drink I just need some extra help. I've also seen that raw garlic and live yogurt will help if it is a fungal infection. I just hope it's not to late!

2. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I really don't know you might try tagging someone who helps a lot on the emergency threads. The account and yogurt are good things. I wish I could remember something about a crop flush I read once.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by