Chicken Breathing Weird

fezmo

Songster
5 Years
Jan 20, 2018
This morning I noticed my olive egger making a weird noise. It happens when she breaths, and it just sounds like a weird throat noise. She is not sick, or at least is showing no other symptoms. The only thing I can think is maybe there is something caught in her throat?

If you can take a video, upload to YouTube and then paste the link here, it will give a better idea of her presentation.

So she has no changes to her eyes or face, no nasal discharge? You can hold her in a towel and gently pull down her wattles to look inside her beak to see if it all looks normal.

Do you have other birds? Is anyone else showing any issues? Have you added more birds recently?

I'll try and get a video unloaded. She has no changes to her face and no nasal discharge. everything in her mouth and throat looks normal. I have a bunch of other hens and nobody else has any issues. No birds added recently.

I'll try and get a video unloaded. She has no changes to her face and no nasal discharge. everything in her mouth and throat looks normal. I have a bunch of other hens and nobody else has any issues. No birds added recently.
Aurora TiaGard 12.5% Liquid Concentrate, Generic for Denagard, 1L, One Liter https://a.co/d/aQlVbEl

Mycoplasma can be dormant until the hen is stressed. It can be passed on from hen to chick and you wouldn’t know until they are stressed from heat, changes etc. I learned through crisis. Hoping to pass this on to others so you have this on hand and ready

Back
Top Bottom