CHICKEN BREED DISCUSSION THREAD!!

Going to have to get rid of my turkey she isn't getting along with the chickens plus we don't want to build her own pen so we can get her a buddy so we are just going to sell her to someone who has turkeys and a bunch of other stuff they don't eat there birds I don't think they haven't anyways

Perhaps you could trade the turkey for a a Silkie or two??

Well ya but I don't know who would take her as I need show/breeder silkies and most of the people I have been talking to about silkies say that it's the only breed they raise but there was one person who said that they have 40 coops but I am not shipping her to Florida

Have you checked out Lancaster Fancy Fowl in Bechtelsville, PA ?
I think they actually get a lot of the birds they sell from breeders.
They have a website and do ship also.

They're back again? They went out of business last year.

IDK? I'm not getting anywhere on their website, doesn't say closed, every time I try to open something it just re-pops up their front page. Thought it was just my phone. Maybe they are closed? I have read some bad reviews on them a couple yrs ago, but also heard some people that had great luck with their birds.

Last edited:
Ok I am having trouble finding a porcelain Silkie breeder but u have found one but I might also consider the splash ones I really like those ones too.

I would get blues and blacks. Then u can get blues blacks and splash.

Ya I like the splash but I am thinking the porcelain ones if I can get them here I am thinking once my mixed flock dies I can split the coop up into three coops and split the run into three and I could breed three different colors and then I could use the breeding pen for silkies or I could use it for a smaller mixed flock to keep eggs in the fridge

Back
Top Bottom