Chicken Breed Focus - Brahma

Pics
I have a brahma and three redsexlink. She give double yolk once in two week. This is the egg compare photo.
dyolk.jpeg

Aloha lovers of Brahma's and all things chicken! Great photos, beautiful backdrop @Lawrence Lovestock . I have family on your island in Mililani, Kaneohe and Honolulu (think I got you surrounded!) DH is there now visiting.
@Jandsloch That is a absolutely beautiful Brahma roo!!! I love him, brain or no brain :love !!!!
20200127_103109 (2).jpg

My light Brahmas have to be my favorite so far. I love their size, looks, docile personalities and they are pretty easy keepers for me. I live in a warm humid climate where they do stress a little in the summers but no more than my other breeds. Good consistent layers, they have given me no health issues, are easy to break of broodiness, basic easy keepers and a general crack up. :D

Eva and Zsa Zsa
20200130_110933.jpg

Precillia and Eva on inspection duty with the Orps- Hillary, Blossom and Daisy
20200103_080705 (2).jpg

Checking out the new boy (in quarantine) Augustus Valentine McCrow is Brahma/Americana
20200127_170841.jpg
20200127_170819.jpg

Gus's third day w/ the girls (after 2 week quarantine)
20200202_162451.jpg

Looks like Gus has got this one...
20200202_162523.jpg

Jazzie (Poi mix) sitting on a clutch of eggs. This Saturday is day 21!!! I put under her Brahma, Orp and Barred Rock eggs mix with our local wild roo who is good and handsome but now replaced by Gus. I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D !!!
20200202_101812.jpg

Looking forward to more photos and input on this newly revived thread. Stay well gang!!!

Last edited:
Aloha lovers of Brahma's and all things chicken! Great photos, beautiful backdrop @Lawrence Lovestock . I have family on your island in Mililani, Kailua and Honolulu (think I got you surrounded!) DH is there now visiting.
@Jandsloch That is a absolutely beautiful Brahma roo!!! I love him, brain or no brain :love !!!!
View attachment 2031184

My light Brahmas have to be my favorite so far. I love their size, looks, docile personalities and they are pretty easy keepers for me. I live in a warm humid climate where they do stress a little in the summers but no more than my other breeds. Good consistent layers, they have given me no health issues, are easy to break of broodiness, basic easy keepers and a general crack up. :D

Eva and Zsa ZsaView attachment 2031149
Precillia and Eva on inspection duty with the Orps- Hillary, Blossom and DaisyView attachment 2031146
Checking out the new boy (in quarantine) Augustus Valentine McCrow is Brahma/Americana
View attachment 2031148View attachment 2031147
Gus's third day w/ the girls (after 2 week quarantine)View attachment 2031143
Looks like Gus has got this one...View attachment 2031144
Jazzie (Poi mix) sitting on a clutch of eggs. This Saturday is day 21!!! I put under her Brahma, Orp and Barred Rock eggs mix with our local wild roo who is good and handsome but now replaced by Gus. I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D !!!
View attachment 2031185
Looking forward to more photos and input on this newly revived thread. Stay well gang!!!
I think peacomb= peabrain

I think peacomb= peabrain
Noooo! he must be as dumb as a box of rocks for you to make fun of such a handsome boy. I ended up with a brahma roo with my first batch of chickens a few years back. He was the coolest guy but i was under pressure to get rid of him. I had a hostile neighbor at the time who was a jerk on a good day. I did not want to risk anymore friction between us so I gave him away. I think I will always regret that. And certainly seeing your guy makes me regret it double.... or triple. I don't think Elvis would have gotten THAT big.

Noooo! he must be as dumb as a box of rocks for you to make fun of such a handsome boy. I ended up with a brahma roo with my first batch of chickens a few years back. He was the coolest guy but i was under pressure to get rid of him. I had a hostile neighbor at the time who was a jerk on a good day. I did not want to risk anymore friction between us so I gave him away. I think I will always regret that. And certainly seeing your guy makes me regret it double.... or triple. I don't think Elvis would have gotten THAT big.
he will get on top rooster every night and then in the morning can’t ever figure out how to get down....pacing back and forth until I rescue his fat butt lmao the top roost is a foot higher and a foot back from the next one down but about arm length away from me...so every morning here’s me reaching as far as I can to get this big boy down! Then he started getting it....for about a month....then back to not getting down agai haha my husband bult what we call a handicap ramp for him....just him lmbo he chases girls and lands right into the top roo ( who is less than half his size) literally right into him every day then panics and flails around like he’s going to get a beat down all the while the other roo just stares at him hahaha he can be smart if he chooses but definately clumsy. But we most def love him. Got him from a breeder so he’s not hatchery. Not sure how big he will get honestly. To my understanding they take 2-3 years to fully grow he is 9 mo old right now.

he will get on top rooster every night and then in the morning can’t ever figure out how to get down....pacing back and forth until I rescue his fat butt lmao the top roost is a foot higher and a foot back from the next one down but about arm length away from me...so every morning here’s me reaching as far as I can to get this big boy down! Then he started getting it....for about a month....then back to not getting down agai haha my husband bult what we call a handicap ramp for him....just him lmbo he chases girls and lands right into the top roo ( who is less than half his size) literally right into him every day then panics and flails around like he’s going to get a beat down all the while the other roo just stares at him hahaha he can be smart if he chooses but definately clumsy. But we most def love him. Got him from a breeder so he’s not hatchery. Not sure how big he will get honestly. To my understanding they take 2-3 years to fully grow he is 9 mo old right now.
Oh my... I love him even more now. He sounds like a total crack up. Only 9 months... Wow. Amazing. I'd love to get the breeders #... maybe he would be willing to ship to me???!!!

My crummy neighbor moved and I think the Brahma crow is far better than any other I have heard so far. I'd love a sweet giant. How is her with the girls? Elvis was pretty bad till i sent him off to boot camp. That is a story in itself.
Gus is an outstanding roo and I think that may be due to his Brahma genes.

Oh my... I love him even more now. He sounds like a total crack up. Only 9 months... Wow. Amazing. I'd love to get the breeders #... maybe he would be willing to ship to me???!!!

My crummy neighbor moved and I think the Brahma crow is far better than any other I have heard so far. I'd love a sweet giant. How is her with the girls? Elvis was pretty bad till i sent him off to boot camp. That is a story in itself.
Gus is an outstanding roo and I think that may be due to his Brahma genes.
He is at the teenage stage gotta have it lol and started pulling fathers of one particular girl but as the days go on I’m noticing less pulling and he sounds like a foghorn if u have Facebook I can send u a video....and her contact info she’s also on fb

Back
Top Bottom