Chicken Breed Focus - Brahma

Pics
You have a very nice flock!
Thank you! I do try pretty hard to keep my flock as fit and happy as I can. They share their joy with others and I get a smile out of people who talk with and take photos of my flock during their daily walks. Our feathered kids have run of the yard in our residential area so it can be a sight to see... going from golden sand beach to big fat chickens within 1 block, kinda strange in a good way. Chickens definitely improving the neighborhood ;) and Brahma's always being the stars of our show. IMHO
20201017_092621 (3).jpg

Today we are getting pretty soggy from our first cold front of the season:ya Kinda shocking for the chickens who experience many days of sunshine in a year.
So, chicks are all locked up till the weather passes. They are complaining and that is a good sign, as it has taken 1 week for them to assimilate. Poor things :(
20201017_095723.jpg
Big girls are all hiding in the dry nest boxes pretending. Winter is coming and Hawaii is projected to have a wet year this year, thank goodness, I am looking forward to that absolutely. This cold front serves as a reminder to purchase some plywood so I can partially enclose my open coops with removable sides, a failed attempt by me the last few years as I seemed to get away with just stapling up cut feed bags for the wet months. Tacky, but it works and then I seem to use the plywood elsewhere... :hmm
K. all, have an awesome and very safe day!!!
20201017_100019.jpg

Hi all. Got the first egg from my Light Brahma today. To my surprise & delight, it was SPECKLED! 😍

Wondering if this is common? Really hope it wasn’t a first egg fluke. She was the last one in the flock to lay!

1674938053053.jpeg

Tagging @aart (I thought you had Brahmas at some point, I apologize if I’m mistaken!)

Back
Top Bottom