Chicken Breed Focus - Brahma

Picking chicks from the mixed bantam bin I got one light brahma bantam. She was just the sweetest lil hen ever so i had to have some of the big ones. They too are the sweetest most friendly and docile girls. we do sell eggs and they are welcome additions but I couldn't tell you how many they lay. They are just now starting one of the three has a spondilosis or somthing like that that has her pelvis turned wrong so she walks like a penguin She is my sweet and much smaller girl that keeps my blind barred rock roo company. I want more and after seeing the blue and other colors i want a whole flock of em guess i better get started on coop 5 lol

Picking chicks from the mixed bantam bin I got one light brahma bantam. She was just the sweetest lil hen ever so i had to have some of the big ones. They too are the sweetest most friendly and docile girls. we do sell eggs and they are welcome additions but I couldn't tell you how many they lay. They are just now starting one of the three has a spondilosis or somthing like that that has her pelvis turned wrong so she walks like a penguin She is my sweet and much smaller girl that keeps my blind barred rock roo company. I want more and after seeing the blue and other colors i want a whole flock of em guess i better get started on coop 5 lol
:thumbsup and make it a big coop too!

I own one of these birds but she’s more of the Large fowl size rather then the XL fowl.Has the same distincted characteristics and DEFIANTLY loads of personality and friendliness but lacks body size.The rooster I owned did as well.

So who are where do I look for Missouri Brahma Breeders Wife agrees we could be happy with full size Cochins and Brahmas. with a few RIR (for me love my litl red hens) And some Jersey giants all pretty docile easy to get along with breeds with possible exception of RIR's compared to others they are definitely the "meanest"

Edited to point out that she doesn't know I was just talking about HER Big Girl Coop I 'm keeping my variety of Bantams :p

So who are where do I look for Missouri Brahma Breeders Wife agrees we could be happy with full size Cochins and Brahmas. with a few RIR (for me love my litl red hens) And some Jersey giants all pretty docile easy to get along with breeds with possible exception of RIR's compared to others they are definitely the "meanest"

Edited to point out that she doesn't know I was just talking about HER Big Girl Coop I 'm keeping my variety of Bantams :p
I found my Brahma from americanbrahmaclub.com some are breeders some just hatching to sell. I chose mine bc she had Facebook page (website) and I could see her breeding pens and plans etc. might just have to do a lil bit of digging (google) :)

Aloha Kakahiaka all!
It has been awhile since I checked out this thread. Mahalo @YellowBrahmaBarn for the nudge and likes ;)👍
With the mail getting worse for us on this small island I picked up 10 straight run Brahma's- Light, Buff and Dark- from a breeder in texas via feed store. I'm thrilled- though their trip was rough and I lost 1 on day two. The others have been slow to come out of the trauma of the shipping. With that said, here is the future of my breeding out on their first "dirt day". It seemed to have really cheered them up, and the handling of taking them to a happy place has done wonders for their fear of scary humans.
20201014_092543.jpg

I have six more sexed ordered for spring and am concerned about the conditions they will have to endure getting to me. This will be my last time ordering chicks though. Not sure what the future shipping looks like for us and is why I am breeding. Here are just 2 of my roos from my mixes. The cheeky 3/4 Brahma x 1/4 Americana is a VERY BIG boy w/ good manors (so far), him today @4 months old.
20201016_095120.jpg

compared to a 2.5 yo solid Barred Rock hen
20201016_095047.jpg

his Brother,
20201016_095143.jpg

and some siblings that did not sell yet. I must have hatched close to 200... it has been a busy 6 months...:ththe shuffling and sales can be exhausting.
20200919_095518.jpg
20200921_171848.jpg
20200921_172426 (1).jpg
20200921_172439 (1).jpg
20201007_144407.jpg
20201007_144422.jpg

My last hatch for this season.
20201007_144711.jpg
20201007_145448.jpg
20201014_091654.jpg

So I am up to my eyeballs in chickens but at least they are part Brahma, as even a little bit of Brahma is a beautiful thing!
My main girls are almost 3 years old now and I still get a few eggs from them here and there. Mostly fanfare but to their defense, it is hot and humid here during summers and all the girls take a bit of a hiatus during the worst heat.
K. I hope you all stay safe and well and are inspired to share some of your own Brahma pictures and stories.

Last edited:
Aloha Kakahiaka all!
It has been awhile since I checked out this thread. Mahalo @YellowBrahmaBarn for the nudge and likes ;)👍
With the mail getting worse for us on this small island I picked up 10 straight run Brahma's- Light, Buff and Dark- from a breeder in texas via feed store. I'm thrilled- though their trip was rough and I lost 1 on day two. The others have been slow to come out of the trauma of the shipping. With that said, here is the future of my breeding out on their first "dirt day". It seemed to have really cheered them up, and the handling of taking them to a happy place has done wonders for their fear of scary humans.View attachment 2375579
I have six more sexed ordered for spring and am concerned about the conditions they will have to endure getting to me. This will be my last time ordering chicks though. Not sure what the future shipping looks like for us and is why I am breeding. Here are just 2 of my roos from my mixes. The cheeky 3/4 Brahma x 1/4 Americana is a VERY BIG boy w/ good manors (so far), him today @4 months old.View attachment 2375607
compared to a 2.5 yo solid Barred Rock henView attachment 2375603
his Brother, View attachment 2375610
and some siblings that did not sell yet. I must have hatched close to 200... it has been a busy 6 months...:ththe shuffling and sales can be exhausting.View attachment 2375629View attachment 2375631View attachment 2375633View attachment 2375634View attachment 2375636View attachment 2375638
My last hatch for this season. View attachment 2375656View attachment 2375658View attachment 2375659
So I am up to my eyeballs in chickens but at least they are part Brahma, as even a little bit of Brahma is a beautiful thing!
My main girls are almost 3 years old now and I still get a few eggs from them here and there. Mostly fanfare but to their defense, it is hot and humid here during summers and all the girls take a bit of a hiatus during the worst heat.
K. I hope you all stay safe and well and are inspired to share some of your own Brahma pictures and stories.
You have a very nice flock!

Back
Top Bottom