Chicken Breed Focus - Jersey Giant

I think I have a couple Jersey Giants...but 2 Splash pullets came with them.
If you have Blue and Black and White JG isn't Splash naturally going to appear?
They have sort of willow legs, not as the other colors do. Do I need to believe that these are no JGs?
I can post pics if you need.

Oh Gee, I hate to say this but got them from TSC, just because I love Blue! Didn't really care if they messed them up in the bins, they were blue and nice big chicks. Now the roo is looking pretty darn hefty! The pullets are gorgeous, I will get pics later today. Here is pics of roo at 6-7 weeks. Do you think HE is a JG? His legs are a lot darker than they appear here. Newer pics today if it will help. Thanks so much for the reply!!
GE DIGITAL CAMERA              .jpg
GE DIGITAL CAMERA              2.jpg
GE DIGITAL CAMERA              3.jpg

They certainly could be Jersey Giants, especially if they were marked as such! Hatchery chickens don't always have the same size or exact coloring as chickens selected to meet the "standard", so this could be why they may look different from other Jersey Giants you've seen.

20190817_162948.jpg
My boy Ruger and one of our 3 BJG pullets. All four of ours born roughly mid April, and are from TSC. The pullets seem smallish with slow growing combs and wattles compared to our ISA Browns, but they are roughly 1.5-2 weeks younger, that could be why. Awesome breed, if slightly skittish compared to the Browns (age related maybe?) and the pullets seem to be lower in the pecking order of our flock of 10 mixed breeds, but never bullied. Like others have said, all four are pretty mellow and neither push nor get pushed.

Back
Top Bottom