Chicken Breed Focus - Polish

Elvis

Pricsilla

I got these two thinking aww how cute not knowing what they were. And thinking they were both female they were named satin and lace. But whe. We found out lace was a he. NAME HAD TO CHANGE. So since he loves to sing and is such a ladie man and just look at his top. I settled on the King and of course he needs his queen.
These two are one if my favorites. And so easy to catch when out. They have gotten to the point where they come to visit while I am relaxing. And they are getting their very own Graceland.

I had 3 polish. One I still have and she is my favorite, very timid with the other hens and doesn't interact well. Very vocal though and she loves to follow me around. I have to give her special time because she won't come out of hiding if the other hens are out. They don't pick on her like I have heard can happen but she is scared if they look at her wrong!

The other polish I had were males, father and son and both of them ended up being very aggressive and had to be put down. When they were young they were the most affectionate and come for pets but as they matured they would attack people for no reason.

Hope those of you with males are having better luck because they are a pretty breed- oh and both of my males were frizzles so that was especially pretty.

Ok proud mommas and daddy's of polish chicks. I need help on sex of my 5 week olds. Please tell me that it's not all boys. It was supposed to be all pullets. That's all we want right now.

Ok proud mommas and daddy's of polish chicks. I need help on sex of my 5 week olds.

Please tell me that it's not all boys. It was supposed to be all pullets. That's all we want right now.

Your birds are gorgeous and the photographs so clear, you almost feel like you could touch them. That pretty little white & black one (3rd photo down) has the sweetest look on her (?) face.

So much adorableness!!
love.gif
I have Buff Laced Polish chicks coming sometime next week with my Sicilian Buttercups. Now, I am super excited!!
ya.gif
I will have to post a picture when they get here!!

Your birds are gorgeous and the photographs so clear, you almost feel like you could touch them. That pretty little white & black one (3rd photo down) has the sweetest look on her (?) face.
I know right. I just hope they are girls. My husband doesn't want boys right now.

Back
Top Bottom