Chicken Breed Focus Rhode Island White

i had mine for about a year now, they are soooo very friendly i cant hardly believe it, ans its said they are good in the heat..? i can just walk up to then and pet them wile they are just standing around , they are the first to greet me, no matter what and i just pick them up and walk around with them, they like to sit on my lap and even fight over who will be jumping on my lap HA & even out free ranging i can walk up to them and pick them up & they dont try to run from me, i would think these are one of the best breeds for kids, they seem to really like people. mine are 8 RIW hens &1 RIW roo,

Last edited:
True Rhode Island Whites should have Rose Combs and if they have any other color other than white they are probably not pure. I have bee raising them for many years. These are some of the chicks from my last years hatch.
IMG_20170628_202726.jpg
IMG_20170628_202738.jpg

Cmom,
How do they do in the cold? Are they a meat breed,tweaked to lay eggs? Or a straight laying breed? Are they broody or non-sitters.
Thanks,
Karen

Last edited:
They are dual purpose birds that lay brown eggs. Since I live in Florida I really can't say how they would do in a colder climate but since they are Rose Comb I would think there wouldn't be an issue with the combs. They are similar to the Rhode Island Reds in most respects except for their color. I also raise Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds. They do go broody once in awhile but not so much as other breeds such as Silkies.

I thought I'd post a picture of my Patty. She absolutely loves my husband and when I let the birds out she goes looking for him.
She is 3 years old.
Do you still have riw birds and Are you wanting to sale any of your birds or fertilized eggs. I'm trying to get a good riw blood line.

Back
Top Bottom