Chicken Breed Focus - Sebright

Pics
does any one know what kind of chicken i have?

Last edited:
Here's an update on our little Sebright & family. If you're like me & read that this breed rarely goes broody, you'll be happy to know that when they do, they're great little moms. When I finally gave in to her persistent broodiness, I gave her some orp eggs since she was too small to be fertilized by our giant English Orp roo,

I'm reposting some of her old pics to show the progression.

Happy mama with 2 day old chicks

1 week old chicks going for a walk with mama. The 2nd black one looked like an extra male, so we rehomed him.

3.5 week old chicks getting bedtime snuggles.

Confused mama trying to cover her giant 4 week old chicks

5 week old chicks surpassed mama in size, but she still mothered them 24/7.

At 7 weeks, our Sebright (Trouble) began laying again & spent more time away from her babies.
The chicks turned 10 weeks old today. Here's the tiny mama with her giant chicks.

Trouble has also resumed to doing her regular tricks for treats, so all is good again.
Here she is today flying up to my daughter's arm when called. Thankfully, the giant chicks were never trained to do this. LOL

Greetings! Hope all is well with everyone and their birds! Just a few pics of my Sebrights! I have three roosters and two very sweet girls. I'm wanting to work on improving my flock genetically, so any advice would be appreciated. Also wanting to add new blood into them . With the breeds decline in numbers lately I feel this is a responsibility of ours that keep these awesome and stunning little guys. So thanks in advance and be well:)

Back
Top Bottom