Chicken Breed Focus - Silkie

Noodle is stuck here, regardless if it crows or lays an egg! Noodles come from my moms flock. White silkie rooster over a mille hen. Has 5 toes too!
Oh youre so lucky. If i could keep a roo, i wouldn't worry about sexing. I hate having to get rid of a pet, especially after getting attached. Here are my two silkies this morning, sitting at the coop door, watching the D'Uccles having fun. The partridge, Nala, joins them, but the black one, Bella, is too afraid to leave the coop. Hopefully that's a sign of a girl!

Attachments

• 20200705_113800.jpg
    20200705_113800.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 4
I had 2 porcelain d'uccle. Now I'm down to 1 because of coyote. I dont have any pictures of Itty. She is molting right now. Coming out of being broody!
Im sorry you lost one of your birds. We have lots of hawks, owls, coyotes out here as well. Mine are living room chickens, so they are safe. The maltipoos scan only for dropped food and poop šŸ™„ they dont seem to even see the chickens.

*if* the silkies both end up being males, i might wait for the D'Uccles to go broody, then order up some blue mille fleur day olds for them to raise. Unless theres some way to get a sex linked silkie color. I know they're possible, im just not sure where from.

Last edited:
Awww i love her basket!!! I know everyone complains about broody chickens, but I'm going to let them be as broody as they want!!
Basket, milk crate, random spot under the tree. Lol what ever they decide to lay in. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I only wanted one hen to go broody. Then 3 decided to be mothers. My big girl Rori, has been on an empty nest for over a month. She is determined for me to leave her eggs. But she missed her opportunity. Im ready to rid my basement of chicks. Not add to them!

Basket, milk crate, random spot under the tree. Lol what ever they decide to lay in. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I only wanted one hen to go broody. Then 3 decided to be mothers. My big girl Rori, has been on an empty nest for over a month. She is determined for me to leave her eggs. But she missed her opportunity. Im ready to rid my basement of chicks. Not add to them!
Yes, mine will get one shot with new chicks... ceramic eggs after that! My max is 3-4, so we will see how many I have as a final count this week. Maybe they won't get any chicks!

Oh my... 4th of July weekend has me feeling more tired than ever. Don't mistaken that to mean I've accomplished anything! Well, i let the chicks out to play...

Back
Top Bottom