Chicken Breed Focus - Swedish Flower Hen

Pics
Wow you have a lot to keep track of! I'd try zip ties. It really would be the cheapest. You could try pigeon leg bands.

https://www.amazon.com/Pigeon-Chick...d=1502825676&sr=8-1&keywords=pigeon+leg+bands
Found these on Amazon...says you can reuse them.

https://nationalband.com/products/double-end-clinch-3750-pointed-end/
I have seen these for pigeons as well.

Zip ties are what everyone is recommending and I found a set of 500 with 10 different colors. Now I just have to keep waiting............and hoping they all hatch well.:fl

Zip ties are what everyone is recommending and I found a set of 500 with 10 different colors. Now I just have to keep waiting............and hoping they all hatch well.:fl

I've used zip ties... much easier on birds that don't have feathered legs. For larger birds I find WIDER works better. Maybe for very young chicks the thin ones will work but the become very hard to see the color without being up close.

What is your hatch date? :pop

Hatch date is August 27-28 as I set the eggs late on Sunday.....my eggs always seem to start a little earlier then planned so I might have them hatching out on the 26. My first hatch ever hatched on days 18-19, so I always make sure to check for peeping and stop the rocker early on day 18. :fl that they wait until I get home to hatch as I love to watch them come out.

None of my babies hatched. :hit It is super hard as this is the first hatch that hasn't gone well. I had poor hatches, but I always knew what went wrong. So at last, I am going to buy more eggs and try again. :oops: What type of incubator do you all use? Brinsea?

My first hatch was with my Flowers. I honestly used a hand me down foam incubator. I couldn't tell you much about it. It was missing a plug and the corner was cracked but I hatched 7 of 9.
I guess it really was beginners luck. :D

So I have a lovely little Flower who's 17 weeks now. My question is her tail is always down.
Resized_20170828_155650.jpeg
She's right up front in the picture. I know tail down can mean illness but she acts fine. Been treated for cocci and wormed. Could this just be her? Her tail is kinda sparse. I was thinking it's just working on coming in but it's been down like this for quite a while.
Thoughts anyone?

Back
Top Bottom