Chicken Breed Focus - Wyandotte

Chicalina

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
UK
Is my hen buff laced or red laced? I always thought buff, and that is how she was sold to me, but the OP has made me think otherwise. I'm in the UK and she is a bantam wyandotte.
20200807_163359.jpg

Chicalina

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
UK
thanks. She is just refeathering following a moult so not in the best shape atm. I used to think her neck feathers were dirty but they are actually a bit grey.

jmns

Life is good...
Premium Feather Member
May 5, 2020
On a rock in the Pacific
thanks. She is just refeathering following a moult so not in the best shape atm. I used to think her neck feathers were dirty but they are actually a bit grey.
She looks a lot like my Rosie, photo of her a few posts above yours. She also looks more grey than blue. She is a hatchery chick so they don’t always breed for color, I find her beautiful just the same!:)

April0617

Chirping
Feb 28, 2020
SE Wisconsin
When does the lacing really start coming through on these ladies? My girls are about 13 weeks-ish based on what I was told when I got them. They are still so dark! I'm not super concerned about it, they are cute little fluffy butts and pets, not for breeding or show, just curious.

Attachments

Chicalina

Songster
Aug 1, 2020
UK
Rosie is very pretty!
She looks a lot like my Rosie, photo of her a few posts above yours. She also looks more grey than blue. She is a hatchery chick so they don’t always breed for color, I find her beautiful just the same!:)
Rosie is very pretty!

Top Bottom