Chicken breed

You definately have a pheasant, I believe they are called snow pheasants. They can co-exist but I am sure you will find that he will fly away. All of my pheasants are caged. I have tried clipping one wing but that did not help. They are a wild bird and will fly away if they can.

I have raised my pheasant chicks with my chicken chicks. They get along just fine. But I don't know how well yours will get along since they were not raised together. Good luck and ........CONGRATS!!! You have a beautiful pheasant....who is a cock bird, hens don't have spurs at all.
big_smile.png

Its a pheasant, for sure, looks like a male to me. There is a white ringneck pheasant.

Some of my hen ringnecks also have spurs.

I know a guy about 20 miles from me that has 2 birds that are pheasant and chicken crossed, I cant remember the breeds that were crossed to get these off spring, but they are some cool looking birds. .....................

Holy mackerel you are right! We have some sort of pheasanty thing! My husband finally found some pics online. Are male pheasants known to be aggressive like some roos can be (i.e will he fight with my banty roo or any of my banty/standard hens? or me?)? Is there a pheasant forum I can join to get more info on these buggers?

Thanks to all who have helped me ID this strange bird!

Back
Top Bottom