Chicken Brooding with new fertilized eggs to come.. any suggestions?

n2thestorm5032

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Sparta (Spartucky), Michigan
So my chicken has been brooding for about two weeks on non-fertilized eggs.. I just recently bought fertilized chicken eggs from the forum. I just want to know, if the eggs she's laying on now wont hatch, which they wont. will she stop brooding? because I dont want to get the eggs in the mail then find out that she isnt going to lay on the eggs anymore..

so will she still lay on them? or will i have to ween her back into laying on eggs if she stops?

she is a buff orp. the eggs i ordered should be coming in, in about 2-3 days, so by wenesday i think. they are getting shipped on the other side of michigan which im in michigan as well so it shouldnt take that long.

My Broody was determined to sit on golf balls until finally I added the fertile eggs under her. She hatched out 3 and has been thrilled and a wonderful momma - the chicks are now nearly 6 weeks old Dot is laying again and I wish another hen was broody because I have new chicks coming via mail tomorrow and I really really wanted the broody to raise them.
Caroline

Back
Top Bottom