1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Bully!! Help please!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicky Woos123, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Chicky Woos123

Chicky Woos123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2016
    Hi everybody! One of my hens has been getting very frustrated when I put them inside of their coop at night. When she gets mad,she takes it out on the other hens. She's bit my other 2 hens twice every night because that's just how mad she gets. It's really starting to get on my nerves, but I don't want her to hurt the other hens. But I also don't want to get rid of her since she's a good layer. Any suggestions? I've thought of isolating her in a different area of the coop every night. Anyone else think that this might work? Thanks for any advice!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Chicken society is sort of like 'mean girls' in high school. If she's being a bully and you have the facility, pen her away from the others in the evening.

3. Spartan22

Spartan22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    North Canton, Ohio
    So agree with @sourland, in my case my leghorns were the bullies and also the best layers, pinless peepers work for my bullies for few months then taken off when peace is restored.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  4. Chicky Woos123

Chicky Woos123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2016
    OK everyone! Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely try that out! Thanks again![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by