chicken business

abdiro

Chirping
Jan 8, 2021
N Y
hello guys
i want to begin a chicken business but i have idea or two but not enough to start. so i really will be happy for advices and answers
1- i decide to choose free range to minimum the budjet and get organic eggs
2- confuced to buy a 100 female or raising a flock from 0 ( alot of chicken diseases on my country )
3- whats the best way to feed or raising them :(
4- is it any profit of that or just wasting time
note : the 100 chicken is not the project it just the first step after year or two can be more then 500
* thanks alot *

I have a small flock of 17 and I don’t get a profit from eggs.
To be considered organic, I believe you need to feed organic chick feed from day one.
100 chickens is a huge project, I wish you the best!!

I have a small flock of 17 and I don’t get a profit from eggs.
To be considered organic, I believe you need to feed organic chick feed from day one.
100 chickens is a huge project, I wish you the best!!
Thanks for the encouragement. think i can learn alot of you i am a beginer and 17 chicken owner have knowledge and detail of business more than me

The range area would have to be certified organic too....at least in the US.

alot of chicken diseases on my country
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1614300211888.png

Last edited:
One of the huge problems with free ranging is wildlife like to eat chicken too. And can wipe you out.

Where I live, I have only found free ranging to reduce food consumption about 6 weeks out of the year. June and part of July. Bugs are very limited as a protein source, and by late summer mature bugs don't have a lot of protein left.

Truthfully, you really have a much better chance at loosing money verse making money in a chicken business.

MrsK

One of the huge problems with free ranging is wildlife like to eat chicken too. And can wipe you out.

Where I live, I have only found free ranging to reduce food consumption about 6 weeks out of the year. June and part of July. Bugs are very limited as a protein source, and by late summer mature bugs don't have a lot of protein left.

Truthfully, you really have a much better chance at loosing money verse making money in a chicken business.

Mr

MrsK
thanks for the advise. but what if i have the naturel sources to eat my flock for 3-4 month is that can help or still a losing project

Back
Top Bottom