1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken calendar that doesn't list the breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tmaxson01, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Tmaxson01

Tmaxson01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    So I have a weird question or maybe not so weird for this group. I got as a Christmas gift a Chickens 2012 Wall Calendar. It has pictures of some beautiful Roosters and hens however they didn't specify the breed on each month. A co-worker of mine who is also a professor has challenged me with identifying each breed. I actually knew several right off the top of my head but there were a couple I wasn't sure of and had to do some research. I came across one that is either I think a Black Astrolop or a Jersey Giant and the only way that I could find to determine which one it was is to look at the bottom of their feet (something I can't do with a picture on a Calendar) so I'm just posting here to see what info I can possibly get. I am striving for a A on this assignment, ha ha.

Attached is a picture of the calendar picture but you may not be able to see it as clearly as you need to so it can also be viewed a this site. http://www.browntrout.com/calendars/product.asp?MGID=-1&IID=12471

Thanks in advance for anyone who wishes to help with this silly task.

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    black assuie or gj rooster is my guess lol thats all i can tell

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    BA or JG or Black Marans... But his legs look rather short and he doesn't look quite poofy enough... Hmmm... However, since it's not a rare breeds calendar it's probably one of those.

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Is it just me, or does he look "bantamy" ifyou know what I mean. Short legs, big eyes, ext. I don't know [​IMG]

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

he looks Jersey giant or black astrolorp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by