Chicken Camoflauge

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by South Hill Chickens, Apr 2, 2009.

1. South Hill Chickens

South Hill Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    One of our newest BO chicks has apparently figured out that she’s destined for the frying pan later in her life. She’s come up with a whole new hiding technique that’s quite impressive. Of course, it would be better if she wouldn’t look up to see what’s up every time I lift the top off the brooder to check on them. It must be comfy under there, she's fallen asleep a number of times.

I imagine it will be more difficult for her to accomplish when she’s six pounds of poofy feathers. Maybe the fact that we’re going to use the deep little method will help a little.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And yes, I noticed the horrible state of the waterer in this pic. We were opening the brooder specifically to clean it when my wife took these pics.

2. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    have you checked for tunnels ?[​IMG]

3. South Hill Chickens

Mar 27, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    [​IMG] I do find myself whistling the theme from the Great Escape while I watch them dig around in the litter.

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My little BO is - at 3 weeks old - a champion digger and "fluffer". She fluffs on towels and on the floor like she's taking a dirt bath. It's hilarious to watch her because she goes into a comatose state and walks along on her wings, then "wakes up" going "how did I wind up over here?".

BTW, why are you eating female chicks & not having a BO layer? Just curious...

5. South Hill Chickens

Mar 27, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Quote:We have five, two destined for the fryer and three to keep as layers. The two meat birds are referred to as Meat1 and Meat2. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by