Chicken can’t walk and is lethargic and keeps mouth open constantly Please Help!!

BawkingChicken

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2023
I found my polish chicken outside while the rest of the chickens were in the coop. I noticed she hadn’t been acting quite right and was keeping her mouth open, yesterday I found her face down. She had been distancing herself for a while. She had been keeping her mouth open for months not to much though just every now and again I didn’t think much of it until now. She can’t walk she will stand up and flop over and now isn’t getting up at all. She is constantly keeping her mouth open 24/7 now like she can’t breath I tried to feed her thinking it was a b12 issue but today she seems worse. it’s like she can’t swallow the food but eventually would get it down. She is twitching her head a lot she wasn’t doing that before. It’s like from her neck down she can’t move at times but then will stand up and just fall. She will move her head around and open her mouth very wide kinda like it gets stuck. Yesterday when I would feed her I noticed her beak would go from side to side when she would eat. It seems like she has everything possible but more paralyzed than anything. Could it be mareks or gapeworm Please help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3609.jpeg
    IMG_3609.jpeg
    697.4 KB · Views: 18
Sorry I can't help, since I have no knowledge of this type of stuff, but I hope she gets better! Also seems others have you covered, so good luck! <3

Back
Top Bottom