Chicken can't stand or walk, paralyzed??

Pics
I just want to post a quick update on Ethel. Nothing really new to report. She has been on her vitamins for I guess about a week now, I didn't check the actual date I started them but she is definitely got more energy. She's flapping her wings a lot more and kicking her legs when we get her out of the crate to feed her. She is not eating on her own still but I wonder if that is because we are two feeding her and she isn't hungry? Her vet appointment is on Monday so I am hoping to get some good news that whatever is going on can be fixed. I will definitely post more after her Monday afternoon appointment.

I am glad Ethel is showing more enthusiasm and zest! I would try feeding her a hardboiled egg yolk. It is a favorite treat among hens and by feeding just the yolk she will get a lot of nutrients. Try doing this tomorrow am before tube feeding her. Make a list of questions for the vet visit Monday. It is very easy to forget your train of thought while staring at a chicken on an exam table. Great job in taking such great care of her!!

This is the first time since bringing her to the house that I've ever noticed her sleeping like this with her head twisted around back and tucked up under her wing. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? She usually, almost always sleeps sitting with her head facing forward.

Attachments

• PXL_20230205_032216439.jpg
    PXL_20230205_032216439.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230205_032128659.jpg
    PXL_20230205_032128659.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 9
If you put some on your hand does she eat any? She is looking stronger. Good luck with the visit tomorrow. I will be thinking of you both. Keep us posted!
She is definitely getting stronger and much more active but she still isn't eating on her own, even out of our hand. I'll keep everyone updated after our vet visit tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom