Chicken can't walk.

Mine are not vaccinated but the rest of the girls seen fine up to now so don't think it's catching. She does has quite loose poo as well which is greeny. And sometimes watery. Other times solid so it's not consistent.

Mine are not vaccinated but the rest of the girls seen fine up to now so don't think it's catching. She does has quite loose poo as well which is greeny. And sometimes watery. Other times solid so it's not consistent.
The exact same as mine. That’s strange, and still can’t be identified

Don't know if anyone can help please, I have a 20w old chicken who has never laid, about two weeks ago we noticed she was quiet and not moving around to much, we were due to go on holiday so brought her in and noticed she had worms, so we wormed her immediately and separated her into a small run but still able to see the other girls and left instructions to keep a close eye on her. Also wormed the whole small flock,Whilst away she went downhill and became unable to walk at all, we are home now and she seems worm free, we have brought her in, she is eating well, drinking, being given multi vitamins twice a day that I am sryinging in, other than her having virtually no use of her legs she seems in good health now. Chirpy, bright eyed, no worms, lice, clear chest. Happily except treats of grapes or boiled egg. Even sitting down she seems to roll to one side and her wing pushes her back up.
She seems in no pain, I am totally stumped at what it could be or what to do. I have brewers yeast on the way. Could anyone suggest anything else it could be? Or what I could do. Thank you

Might be because of lack of niacin. Try feeding them peas or corn. (a lot)

Ok I will try vitamins with a syringe...peas & corn but she’s not eating. We tried soaking her butt in a warm bath but she can’t hold her head up

I had an Australorps hen at the age of 18 weeks who hadn’t laid yet either. She was all fine until one day I found her unable to walk or move her legs in anyway. Eventually she died but we found out that she had mereks disease. What u are explaining is almost identical to what happened to me. I would continue watching her and if she continues deteriorating then she might have mereks. Definitely isolate her and continue what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom