Chicken caught in Rollaway nesting box, mostly frozen. What to do?

Well that's interesting, I typed in that she was gone this morning but evidently didn't get it posted. Though she was responsive but slow last night when I went to sleep, she was gone this morning. Responsive as she would tip her tail up if I typed her forward, pull her wings back in when I stretched them out (as compared to when I first had her, in the picture she left her wings out, bedtime she was tucking them back in) she was gone in the morning. Too much stress, cold, lack of water. That she improved a bit? It's nice to hope that she was comfortable but tired at the end.

Will be interesting to see if the occasional egg eating in the rollout box has stopped. She was one of the smaller chickens that COULD get her head in under the bar.

Well that's interesting, I typed in that she was gone this morning but evidently didn't get it posted. Though she was responsive but slow last night when I went to sleep, she was gone this morning. Responsive as she would tip her tail up if I typed her forward, pull her wings back in when I stretched them out (as compared to when I first had her, in the picture she left her wings out, bedtime she was tucking them back in) she was gone in the morning. Too much stress, cold, lack of water. That she improved a bit? It's nice to hope that she was comfortable but tired at the end.

Will be interesting to see if the occasional egg eating in the rollout box has stopped. She was one of the smaller chickens that COULD get her head in under the bar.
So sorry to hear that she is gone. Sometimes they can get themselves into dangerous predicaments and there is nothing we can do to save them. You tried your best and she seemed to be comfortable at least before she left.

Back
Top Bottom