Chicken Chatten's Flock

My apologies for not updating last week, I do have their 8 Week Old pictures, and will post them now. They are not very quality pictures, that's for sure! I've been pretty busy this week, but at least now you'll get two updates in two days instead of two weeks! Now, here they are!

Andromeda

Bonquesha

Coriander

Ivy

Lily

Olive

Ophelia

Willow

Aye aye aye, hopefully I'll take better pictures tomorrow!

In other news, Sapphire, my Easter Egger has started laying again! Yes, it seems that she has finally recovered from her "accident" that she had months ago, and while her eggs are often deformed and pretty funky looking, I'm so glad that I'm getting eggs from her again!

As for Eowyn, my friendly Jersey Giant... well... she has gone broody. This is a very new experience to me because I haven't had a hen gone broody before, and if one was to, Eowyn was the least expected! From what I've researched, it's pretty uncommon for Jersey Giants to go broody, but I guess that Eowyn saw the chicks and decided she wanted some of her own! She always was pretty fascinated by them!

Unfortunately, I think that Eowyn would be a pretty horrendous mother, she jumps from nest to nest; doesn't lay on any actual eggs, and does not peck at me or attack me when I reach underneath to see if there are any eggs under her; which while I don't mind, may not be the best method to protect any actual chicks that she could hatch.

I could give her some eggs if I wanted to; but I don't trust her all that much... sorry Eowyn! You can adopt the chicks if your heart so desires!

I'll have quite a few more pics tomorrow! You can see the broody Eowyn in her true nature.

I got a new camera today, however since yesterday was the chicks' 9 week old pictures, they were taken with my old camera. I will include some pictures from my new camera though.

Andromeda

Bonquesha

Coriander

Ivy

Lily

Olive

Ophelia

Willow

Here they all are sleeping in a group on a really hot day for some reason...

Except for Willow, she was a good distance away.

As for the hens, Eowyn stays loyal to her empty nest.

The rest of the hens are growing in their feathers pretty well since Shaq left. Of course Eowyn is now plucking herself to contribute to her nest.

Amarillo

Rosemary

Sapphire

Peaches

Here are the three Easter Eggers all together!

And Shaq is doing well in his coop!

Back
Top Bottom