Chicken coop burned down (in New England)

sianara

Songster
13 Years
Apr 27, 2007
Central MA
Does anyone remember the post awhile (within the last 2 months or so) back about the chicken coops at a home for disadvantaged adults that burned down?

Apparently, they were requesting/or gladly receiving donations of both chicks & eggs but I can't find the original post. I'd really like to donate... I've got 2 hens that I can't break from their broodiness so I figured it would be a good time to hatch some chicks to donate
hmm.png

Last edited:
I think that you maybe mean Shay20? You can PM her and see if its her...
Good luck!

No it wasn't Shay but thanks. It was Sunny Field Farm in Peterborough NH. I looked at the article (from another post) and read the comments people had left at the news website. http://www.wmur.com/news/23143684/detail.html

I
have left a phone message for the farm asking if they are still in need of chicks or fertile eggs, hopefully I can help them out.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you.
There has been a few tragic fires in the past year, i also met another couple too this happened too, but she was looking for a certain farm in NH.

I wanted to donate soem chicks to them, but seeing that it s going to take a while for them to get the barn back up , i had to sell them off, but i am willing and ready to help out in anyway possible for them, i know what they went through and they need the help.

Gypsy had told me about this about a week not even when it happend, and i am waiting word on ok when to help her bring stuff up to them when ready.

As posted on Shays swap thread"

OK guys the email is correct but for some reason I got a mailer demon on it but keep trying it.

I went up and met with Dan and Ruth the overseer's of the Farm,
and I am a little more than and a lot of this with the Town of Peterborough.
they are holding up the coop after everything was said and done through the state.
The Building Inspector is insisting on a building Permit, and an Architect to do the building design etc etc, being a complete ass hat.

So they are holding off on grown birds and chicks until they can get everything in compliance for this this ermm ok person.

They will be doing an old fashioned Coop raising in the very near future any and all hands to help get it done will be greatly appricated.,
I have offered my Husband and My Own help to get the coop up and running.
Ruth will be emailing me with a date and time , keeping me updated and such.

They are also looking to start Heritage breeding programs for the Residents, Chicken and Turkey.
No geese please, Husband is allergic, they I guess make his blood boil ( his words not mine lol )

I will keep everyone informed as they keep me updated.
I have been working with these people since the fire if anyone has any questions/ donations please feel free to PM me, or post it on this thread.
I will keep everyone up dated as to when I can meet up to collect, for the most part it was on Shays thread for the swaps so that donations could be collected at the swap saving everyone time and gas running around the states.

Edit to Add: If sending donations of animals and hatching eggs please be sure the Birds are NPIP as they will be coming to my house until they can be transfered to their new coop.
forgot to add Out of State Birds must have an Entry Permit number from the Stat Agri Dept.
also please include a health certificate
he.gif
thank you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom