Chicken coop emergency!

chanamarie

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2016
To keep a long story short, due to chicken math, I need another coop. I was planning on building one, but due to toddlers, my time is limited and two coops have presented themselves to me today....

1. A wooden 'bear proof' (the description goes) chicken coop that measures 3x6 and is 4.5'' to 5.5'' tall. Can be delivered to my house. Total (inc delivery) $200

2. A plastic shed I would convert into a coop. 8x10 with double doors and a window and floor. Would have to pick up, but not far. $125

What would you do? I need to decide tonight and I keep going back and forth. I like the idea of a really big coop, but also like the idea of something that is a very secure coop. (and I also like to the idea of less money!). My head is in a spin!

Need to let the sellers know tonight...

And the winner is.....????
smile.png

I could be wrong but I doubt that any structure that can be built and delivered to your house for $200 is going to be bear proof.

The shed seems a much better option one way or the other. I've yet to hear anyone say how much they wish their chicken coop was smaller.

Back
Top Bottom