Chicken Coop Fever

Booswalia

Songster
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
Prince Edward Island, CAN
I'm beginning to worry about this fever that I have for making improvements to my coop and run.

On September 1 I declared my coop finished. Ready to move my three chickens in. Complete and cozy .

Since then I have done nothing but make improvements on it. I've built a ABS feeder, installed an extension cord, light, timer, and heated water dish. I've raised the level of the water dish in their pen, collected dry leaves to put in the covered part of the pen and then more leaves to put in the open part. I cut a gate out of the fenced in part so I can let them roam for in the yard for a few hours a day. ...and the list goes on and on and... Every morning I wake up with a new idea on how I can improve things out there.

Is anyone else this obsessed with fluffing their coop? Is there any help for such an obsession?

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
For me,,,,,there's always SOMETHING I can do to make it better. I got power, heat plate for the water, timers, going to install an auto door soon,,,,,,,worrying about insulation ,,on and on it goes. Then I say,"they been raising chickens for thousands of years, did they fuss about it as much???" I don't think so. So, next SPRING I'll do the lino on the poop board, and maybe NEXT year I'll do homosote insulation in the coop,,,,,,,,,,,maybe NEXT year I'll add a higher bar on the roost, for now,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm done.
tongue2.gif

wow, i love the tile idea! I look at it this way, doing, re-doing, going back and forth, back and forth reduces stress (gives me something positive and fun to think about) and has actually helped me to keep the pounds off this summer!

Probably....and if you ever get close to thinking there is no room for improvement....you will
a) need to start on repair or replacements
b) find some 'accesories' better than what you currently have
c) will need another or bigger chicken coop and the cycle starts all over or d) any or all of the above

.....so, take your pick. I have in 6 months done all of the above and the 'new and improved' big coop and run are a work in progress..
th.gif
Even though the chickens are doing perfectly fine in their new home
big_smile.png

What a beautiful little coop, great job my man! Very creative use of space, design and colorful as well....you should be rightfully proud of your project.....perfectly suited for your location and needs....you could easily add a couple more hens without a problem...
thanks for sharing your efforts with us....

Back
Top Bottom