Chicken Coop for the wife

I like your foundation and plans you have. Wish our weather would be nice and let us do the concrete and let it cure decently. Good luck and keep updating! :drool

Well winter made a return. We have a blanket of white stuff again so I didn't get to work on the coop. I did fire up the wood stove in the shop and built the brooder for chicks I am going to order them next week for pick up at the end of February.

The weather still is not cooperating. I did put the bottom plate on the foundation today. It is supposed to warm up Thursday next week and stay in the 50s. Come on spring. I have my chicks ordered for pickup on March 6th at Cackle Hatchery. We are getting 2 cinnamon queens, 2 black copper marans, 2 silver laced wyandottes, and 2 black sex links, Here is the foundation so far.

my4u3eby.jpg

I made some progress on the coop this weekend. The weather was great. I should have it close to being done if I get another nice weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also built the wichita coop. Mine is 8 x 16. I started with 8 birds then lost 2. I bought 2 more and have lost one a week ago to a hawk. This spring ill get 5 more and make it a even dozen.

Back
Top Bottom