Chicken Coop for the wife

Lesgo the chickens wont have to worry about the foxes as they will not be free ranging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I am on the home stretch now. The girls helped this weekend with staining while I was putting on the siding and building the nest box. We had beautiful weather this weekend but it looks like old man winter is returning tomorrow.

The only regret I have about what I did this weekend is on the chicken door. I wish I would have raised it up 4" above the coop floor so the litter would stay in.

setyje3y.jpg
enu3epa3.jpg
uzy6asav.jpg

I feel like I am on the home stretch now. The girls helped this weekend with staining while I was putting on the siding and building the nest box. We had beautiful weather this weekend but it looks like old man winter is returning tomorrow.

The only regret I have about what I did this weekend is on the chicken door. I wish I would have raised it up 4" above the coop floor so the litter would stay in.

It looks real nice!

If you used screws instead of nails, it would be pretty easy to change the pop door.

Easier now than later when there's chickens in there.

Last edited:
The siding is nailed so it would be a bear to get it off. I could just take the saw and cut 4" out of the top and trim it again. I may add a 2" board to the bottom and see how it works for them. It is 14" tall right now and I am sure they could fit without trouble if it was 12". Thanks for all the complements. I have really enjoyed building this for my wife. We had homing pigeons years ago and after working on this I have been thinking about homing pigeons again. We really enjoyed them and I could building their coop to match the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom