Chicken Coop from Chicken Coop Company - The Silkie

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by BatChickCrazy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mikecfry

mikecfry In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2016
    Shamong, NJ
    I'm in the same boat as chickendave. I was intent on buying one of these, even against the advice I had read, but once I started scoping materials I've found it much less expensive to build my own. Now that said with only my own imagination as a limitation the size of my coup, and in turn the cost, has ballooned significantly, but it's nice knowing I have the space to double my flock and that everything will be solidly built.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. LoveOurChitches

LoveOurChitches In the Brooder

Apr 6, 2016

3. LoveOurChitches

Apr 6, 2016

I would be interested in how the return process goes for you so if you wouldn't mind a follow up post here, I would appreciate it.

4. thecreekhouse

thecreekhouse Songster

Feb 26, 2015
    East Tennessee
    Do you find that your hens will lay if you plAce nesting boxes on the ground inside their run? Or do they always have to actually go inside the coop?

5. BatChickCrazy

BatChickCrazy Chirping

Mar 29, 2016
    Windsor, CO
    Loveourchitches -- the owner was very nice and said he was surprised that he didn't think it would work for us but waived the 15% restocking fee he normally charges for returns. After a request he was willing to schedule a pick up for me but I ended up throwing it on Craigs List and sold it to someone who was looking for a coop for 3 chickens. So it all worked out.

I did find a coop that was well built and bigger locally (also on Craigs List) and I'm rehabbing it. :)

Thank you for all the responses!! I so appreciate it!

6. LoveOurChitches

Apr 6, 2016
    Still waiting for a resolution from The Chicken Coop Company...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: