1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken coop from crib

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by newovschick, Mar 7, 2013.

1. newovschick

newovschick New Egg

Mar 7, 2013
    Has anyone built a chicken coop using a crib? I have vague plans but would love to see pictures if someone has one done already just for a little help. Thanks

2. 4 the Birds

4 the Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Westfield, Indiana
    A crib coup?? [​IMG] May work good as a brooder for the chicks. Seems small as a coop. How many chickens are you planning?

3. newovschick

newovschick New Egg

Mar 7, 2013
    Not many 2-3...its possible Ive seen one picture for it with a description and kinda trying to replicate it but was wondering if anyone else has ever done it to see more ideas, I know it probably seems crazy, Im pretty convinced It'll work I just need to get a little creative and was curious if anyone else has done it.

This is what I have found and what gave me the idea... so going off of this but wanted to see other ideas if anyone else has done this before. This is from a gal who has a blog called Weed 'em and Reap.

[​IMG]

4. CarriesPeeps

CarriesPeeps Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    Priest River, Idaho
    My brooder looks like that. I wouldn't recommend it for a coop in my area due to predators.

5. LiveVintage

LiveVintage Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Indiana
    I've actually got one of these in the works for a quail coop in town. Due to cats and racoons I'm taking additional precautions but I'm pleased so far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by