Chicken coop in Colorado

tigerlily1117

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hello everyone-I've been doing a TON of research trying to find the best premade coop (at a resonable price) in order to have chickens (3) in colorado. I've learned just about any one I get I will have to modify in some way. What coops have you found to work the best?

Hello,

I simply purchased a basic pre-constructed coop from eBay ($89.99) and some lumber ($20.00) and fencing ($25.00) to build a basic chicken run attached to a coop. It took me a few hours to construct and the chickens I own seem to love the design. Since I built my own run I can add onto the design anytime I want at a very low cost...when compared to the small pre-built runs sold at most farm stores. While the coop does look small I have four Rhode Island Reds, two Jersey Giants and four bantams living in my coop now with lots of extra room (they are still growing)...

Overall, I've been very happy with my coop...only adding a light to attract them in the evenings. We recently had a large storm hit the area which knocked down another coop which I purchased from Family Farm and Home. This coop, however, lasted through the storm just fine and kept all my chickens safe. The only thing I would like to change would be the addition of roofing tiles this summer.

P.S. The picture is from when I was still working on the coop. Please excuse the messy work environment...

Back
Top Bottom