Chicken Coop names: What did you name your coop/coops

In the process of making the finishing touches on the coop plans as the chicks come in Apri--finally the chicks are ordered
wee.gif
!!!!
Since my sweet hubby's and my first name begins with "R" the name will be : "R Little Farm."

frow.gif

Mine run is "Brushy Mountain," as in Brushy Mountain State Penitentary (sp?). My DH has electrified it every four inches from the bottom up to the rafters!

The general collection of pens is commonly referred to as "chicken shantytown."
hide.gif
I like my pens. Individually, they are nice pens. But they are all a different size and, while all built in the same general style, they're all a little different. I also have some a silver tarp on one, a blue tarp on another, and when it's really cold the chick brooder gets covered with an old horse blanket. I also have a couple of pvc hoop houses outside (also covered in two different colored tarps!
lol.png
) of the main chicken building and an old but cute little coop/tractor that was given to me years ago. All in all, the point is, it's a real hodgepodge. It's a shantytown, no matter how you look at it.
lol.png

Other than that, once things are organized for breeding season, individual pens get the P1, P2, etc., etc. designation, sometimes with a breed/variety prefix for egg marking (e.g., "wcb/bl P1" would be my P1 ben of white crested blacks/blues). Obviously that's just for organization/functionality...nothing cute there!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom