Chicken Coop sand

AnnG

In the Brooder
May 13, 2021
Having such a hard time finding the correct sand for my chicken coop. Does anyone know if 124 sand is good to use? Does anyone have a link to a company that sells coop sand? I'm in tri-state area.

I have no idea what "124 sand" is...do you have a link to the product?

Which 3 states? :D

Oh, and..... Welcome to BYC! @AnnG
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1621000822841.png

Hi, I'm on Staten Island, NY.
(Tri-state area is NY, NJ, PA). I found the 124 sand on SchofieldStone.com
It's brownish with different size grains. They have a picture of it on their website.

Hello to all experienced and novice poultry farmers! We will move to India. Have already bought a private house. And it was decided to take up poultry farming. Building our own chicken coop)) We hardly found the best land property available India. The availability of natural sand is very important for me because domestic birds won’t be able to take care of the "supply" of sand themselves and that’s why their owner should think about it. I would like to ask experienced poultry farmers .. do you pour the sand into a separate container or mix it with the main feed? As far as I know, the sand for the chickens should be clean. It is necessary to get rid of dust and wash the sand. I was looking for special raw materials in a pet store but didn’t find anything. On the recommendation I turned to the guys at hrex. I like their offer. The sand is clean and free of any impurities. By the way, I was recently shocked by the information .. someone adds activated carbon to the sand ?? It even sounds crazy. Or I'm wrong? Good luck to everyone in your own bird-life!

Back
Top Bottom