Chicken coop / Shed

Where I live I checked on a permit to build an 8’X16’ or 128 SQ. FT. post frame chicken coop and the permit was going to cost $1000.00. Yes that is correct one thousand dollars because the proposed building was twenty eight square feet over the 100 SQ. FT. threshold. As a result I plan to go to build an 8’X12’ or 96 SQ.FT. post framed coop to get under that threshold. By the way I live in the county and on my parcel I can have as many chickens as I want something like 800 or so and still remain under the new “Stocking Ordinance” that was passed by county council as pushed the city folks that moved out to the rural farm areas and didn’t like farm animals. If the permit for an 8’X16’ coop was a grand, I hate to think what a permit for a 24’X120’ commercial coop on my parcel would be!

We ran into that also however if you put a small space between buildings it works around this problem. Covered walk ways between used by chickens no troubles and yes the nearest town is 18 miles away?? Go figure!!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom