1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tebs78, Apr 7, 2008.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just moving to a new place for a bit and found out they had a "cat-tery" that they raised cats in. This was it. Looks like a chicken coop to me! I just have to rip out the carpet in the enclosed area and put up some more chicken wire, what do you all think?

2. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    I think a little paint and clean up and this place will be perfect! Plus they can free-range during the day!

3. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

looks good! just doo some gutting ...reinforcements.. and a new paint job and you got yourself a coop! (thats growws that they rasied cats in that)

4. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    well we don't have an animal shelter in our tiny town and this lady that has since passed away took it upon herself to take in strays and find homes..... She meant well, but I know what you mean. I am going to do some major clean up on it! But I think it has potential!

5. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    all that needs is cleaning up.an putting some better wire up an itll work great for a henhouse.

6. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    yeah I am excited to get in there and spruce it up some. I think it will work great. If you notice it has seperate rooms too

7. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] looks good. Use it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by