Chicken could be/get depressed

liamando

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
Scotland
Last year I got three chickens two months ago I sent one to a local farm (actual farm)because it turned to be a rooster and I live in a suburb so he was to noisy. The other two chickens carried on as normal. One is a Dutch Bantam and the other is a black Pekin bantam. The Dutch one was always escaping but returning about 4 times in the last year. She also likes to hoard her eggs hiding them from the coop (advice on this would also be much appreaciated) normally in the garden in hard to reach places but now she has a nest beyond the garden and is dissapearing for days before returning for food etc. I am worried if my pekin will get depressed and if should buy another chicken or more. Egg laying is normal possible feather loss nothing extreme just noticed a feather or two around this isnt normal though.

welcome-byc.gif
could you build a pen with roof, so the bantam can't escape - then her buddy will not be lonesome

I let them wonder around the garden because the pen is rather small plus she likes to run around so much it would seem cruel

Back
Top Bottom