Chicken Crafts! (Show Off Your Craftiness)

Pics
Very cute @brrabey
thumbsup.gif

Some super talented artists here! My husband paints in oils. I quilt and in recent years, crochet. I've done some chicken quilt items and a crocheted one.
Kindle cover in my Masters of Mountain View series (we are Mountain View Poultry).

Quilt with same fabric and other coordinating ones.

Bed Runner

Mug Mats

Table Runner for wekivabird (Robin in SC)

And the Hen Pecked Crocheted Hot Pad/Pot holder

My husband, Speckled Roo, paints. He did my best friend's blue Orp rooster, Lancelot, and my late, great Isaac.

@speckledhen

Those are all some truly beautiful things...all of it, from your quilting to your DH's paintings. You both are very talented.

Love the chicken print quilt, terrific fabric! And the hot pads I happen to know for a fact are great (although mine is on the wall, not under a hot dish, lol).

Is that painting of Isaac what you used to use for an avatar?

So glad to see some your work on this thread!

@speckledhen

Those are all some truly beautiful things...all of it, from your quilting to your DH's paintings. You both are very talented.

Love the chicken print quilt, terrific fabric! And the hot pads I happen to know for a fact are great (although mine is on the wall, not under a hot dish, lol).

Is that painting of Isaac what you used to use for an avatar?

So glad to see some your work on this thread!
Thanks, Debby. Yes, that is the painting I cropped to use for my avatar. After the year of mourning for my boy, I put his grandson, Atlas, up there. Sure miss Isaac. That painting is on the wall next to my side of the bed. Over my desk is the pencil drawing that our young member, Symphony, did of my Suede and another one is a pen and ink drawing of on of my late SLW hens, Violet, done by Seachick's daughter, Olivia. (I hope I got the name right, it's been a lot of years now). I love my chicken art.

Thanks, Debby. Yes, that is the painting I cropped to use for my avatar. After the year of mourning for my boy, I put his grandson, Atlas, up there. Sure miss Isaac. That painting is on the wall next to my side of the bed. Over my desk is the pencil drawing that our young member, Symphony, did of my Suede and another one is a pen and ink drawing of on of my late SLW hens, Violet, done by Seachick's daughter, Olivia. (I hope I got the name right, it's been a lot of years now). I love my chicken art.

It's so nice you have those paintings and drawings of birds that mean so much to you. And you're right, chicken art is the best!

It's so nice you have those paintings and drawings of birds that mean so much to you. And you're right, chicken art is the best!

I treasure them all, but this one is my favorite-Ladyhawk (Cetawin on BYC) did this rendition of Suede from a photograph. It is on deer hide she tanned herself, with feathers from Suede and his son and daughter and favorite hen, Meg. It has in the vicinity of 30,000 beads and you can't really get the magnitude of it unless you touch it-it is raised up from the layering of the beads. Ladyhawk is Cherokee and has beaded stunning ceremonial regalia, medicine bags, mocassins, etc.

The photo she used:

And my son has been teaching in S. Korea for years. A woman he knows painted this lovely creation for me on the most delicate tissue paper. For some reason, it came through our house fire and survived the smoke that permeated the entire house. I love it.

These are definitely talents I do not possess, but I have been blessed with the most lovely gifts.

Last edited:
Oh my, beautiful stuff Cyn. I can only imagine the patience and hours it must take to create something like the beaded pictures (on tanned hide no less). Amazing!

The bird painting, do you know what the writing means?

(btw, I just sent you a PM about a bird quilt you made some time ago, I haven't been able to forget it)

Oh my, beautiful stuff Cyn. I can only imagine the patience and hours it must take to create something like the beaded pictures (on tanned hide no less). Amazing!

The bird painting, do you know what the writing means?

(btw, I just sent you a PM about a bird quilt you made some time ago, I haven't been able to forget it)

My son told me, but I'd have to ask him again. That's been since 2012 or so and I can't remember.

Yes, sent you a PM back. The fabric in that quilt I love, love, LOVE! The birds on there are so awesome.

Whoo hoo, that quilted beauty is mine! All mine! Thank you so much, I can't wait to see it "live and in person"
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom