Chicken Crafts! (Show Off Your Craftiness)

My brain tends to bounce around from craft to craft, if only I could get myself to actually work on the crafts :)
I know what you mean!!!! my brain works harder then my hands do
lau.gif

Please help me!
Last night the neighborhood kids (all high risk) got together and bought me a Christmas tree when they found out that I wasn't going to do Christmas this year. (recently lost my husband). I've decided to hold an old fashion tree trimming party. What I would like to do is use some of my eggs (chickens are being medicated so can't use) for a craft. Anyone have any ideas. The kids range from 7 to 13 yrs. old.

Please help me!
Last night the neighborhood kids (all high risk) got together and bought me a Christmas tree when they found out that I wasn't going to do Christmas this year. (recently lost my husband). I've decided to hold an old fashion tree trimming party. What I would like to do is use some of my eggs (chickens are being medicated so can't use) for a craft. Anyone have any ideas. The kids range from 7 to 13 yrs. old.
Sorry I imagine that is very difficult...but a very sweet thing for them do have done for you...
Another way to decorate, gather some of the loose feathers and use them for decorating the eggs or making other decorations. Maybe make small fan type shapes and decorate with any spare beads you may have around. I plan on doing the same thing with my niece and nephews when we go to visit

Please help me!

Blowing and decorating the eggs is the only way I'm aware of . I guess you could also break the shells and glue them to some stiff paper (or maybe cardboard) like mosaics, maybe make snow flakes or snow men?

Other ideas for tree decoration, use paper (could even be old news paper) to make snow flakes, or an old card board box to make ginger bread men. You really can make almost anything out of paper. Some other ideas for 'repurposed' craft supplies would be milk cartons (the plastic make great stencils but you could cut into any shape), old clothes, ribbon, clothes pins. We throw away so much stuff that really could be used to make a beautiful tree.

I remember as a kid we would use the old big sears, telephone books and make Christmas trees, fold the pages down and then decorate them, I think we used to paint them. Anyone else remember doing this?

Love the ornament! I make pottery here are a few chicken and other pet items I've made! (sorry if I got a bit pic heavy :))

Chicken Bank

Dog / Cat treat jar

Owl & Pussy Cat Banks

Rooster platter/plate and peep mug (a smaller version of the pitchers you can see in my avatar)

Small dog bowls and treat jar

Napkin and sponge holders
Love your pottery

I love all of the crafts shown, I was going to post a pic of the ornament I made for the ornament swap, but then I saw that some of you are also in the swap and thought maybe I shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom