Chicken Decisions - The Many Struggles of Chicken Math

No problem! Whenever I read stories of chickens that jumped into people's laps, I never believed it until she came along. She tried to get into the house, and would watch from the windowsill when we let them free range, she managed to sneak in on a couple of occasions! :)

The restrictions are still in place but I have shortlisted what breeds I want. I have decided to do it in waves lol.

First wave : as soon as the ban is lifted, go over and get two pol hens, probably the chocolate Orpington and the Frizzle Buff laced polish. Speak to them about wave two.

Wave 2 : Rent incubator, hatch seven eggs - 4 Welsummer and 3 of something else. Try to sex the Welsummers, keep one girl and give the rest back. When I take them back, buy a day old female daisybelle chick.

Wave 3 : At some time in the future lol. Buy a POL Wheaten Marans and a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

I will finally have eggs lol :)

"We have been notified by APHA that we fall within the 10km Survellance Zone from the outbreak of Avian Inflenza in Goosnargh. At the moment, we are not able to move any livestock onto or off the site. The restriction also applies to the sale of eggs. This effectively means for the time being we are unable to sell any hens, ducks, geese etc. This also applies to our Hennels service. Hens and ducks that are already boarding will have to stay on the site until we get approval from APHA. We have contacted a number of people who have booked hens into our hennels in the next two weeks, to allow them time to find alternative arrangements. If you have hens booked in with us, please ring to get an update.
At the moment, APHA have not provided a date when we will be able to resume normal business, but as soon as we find out, we will post it onto the website and facebook. The SHOP is open as usual for all supplies, feed, bedding, drinkers, feeders etc.
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope you appreciate this is outside of our control."
Just check the website and saw this, it's from the place I was getting hens, it was just a precaution before, now its official.
barnie.gif

My orpington and faverolle girls follow me like ducklings. We even nap together in the yard. Theyre good snuggle buddies :)

:weee :weee The ban lifts on the 16th! I have arranged to get a Gold Laced Frizzle Polish and a Wheaten Marans - both at around 18 weeks old. I'm soooo looking forward to more eggs and hens! :)

Back
Top Bottom